"This good day, it is a gift from you.
The world is turning in its place because you made it to.
I lift my voice to sing a song of praise
For this good day."
Fernando Ortega from the album "Home"

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Solid Ground

Have you been feeling weary today? There's a lot we carry on our shoulders . Lots of things to worry about, very little we find we can trust. Take a deep breath...in and out...and soak in the following words from scripture. Maybe you'll feel the weight lifted a bit.

Psalm 62:5-8 "My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."

Now, I am going to share with you a favorite hymn of mine. One thing I love about hymns is their rich theology and timelessness. I can examine one song written a century or more ago and reach new depths of understanding about my God that are completely pertinent to my life today. I invite you to take another breath...in and out...and slowly read, ponder, examine, and mull over the words of this sweet song.

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand."

In these crazy, unsure times... in the midst of heartaches and confusion...if there's one thing I've learned and know for sure, it's this: Christ is the solid ground...everything the world has to offer is just sinking sand.

Rest in Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment